The Construction Estimator is a critical position at JK2 Construction. The Construction Estimator is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics, and provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret architectural and engineering plans to determine scope of work
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials and scope of work, identifying qualified subcontractors, and negotiating price
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, contractors and subcontractors on estimates
- Perform material take-offs
- Recommend ways to make projects more profitable – value engineering
- Assist in the development of project milestone schedule for the project
- Understand and evaluate project risk
- Assist with a variety of other responsibilities, both in the office and in the field
- Subcontractor Development
- Owner and Designer Relationships
- Turn-over meetings
- Determine any gaps in scope of work
- Ability to Multitask
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work in a manner consistent with JK2’s Vision and Core Values • Tenaciously Competitive
- Passionate Work Ethic
- Relationship Focused
- Win Ethically and Morally
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervised by Director of Pre-Construction
Qualifications & Skills:
- Broad experience in estimating commercial construction projects – ideally having been exposed to/estimated projects from the ground up ranging from $500,000 up to $10M.
- Strong knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and utilize estimating software to successfully produce estimates
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- College degree in construction or engineering is preferred
- At least 3-5 years construction estimating experience is preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; bend or crouch. The employee must be able to lift/carry and/or move up to 40 pounds safely. Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
Special Hours Requirements:
May need to work overtime, nights and weekends as required to meet demands of project bid schedule.
JK2 Management has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at its discretion.
JK2 Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and also offers the following benefits to those who are eligible:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k and Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Hours
- Profit Sharing
Please send Resumes to: gc.careers@JK2.com